If you’ve ever had an interest in affiliate marketing courses, but didn’t know which one was the best, you should read the student reviews of AffiliateU.
I’ve asked my students for their opinions and to review my course. This page showcases their opinions.
Affiliate U Reviews by REAL Students
These are student submitted reviews that talk about their experiences with this web-based course. The course is not only over the shoulder and web based, but it starts at absolute ground zero (so even a novice can start up and sell other people’s products online) and gets into the most in depth tactics that the most advanced affiliate marketers don’t use. This course gives an almost unfair advantage to hacking into buyer psyche and creating revenue streams that work with any product and any niche. The course is ALWAYS updated and example websites show you in real time what freedom learning affiliate marketing can do for your income.
This first affiliate U testimonial comes from Quinton Hamp.
The opportunity to learn from a world class internet marketer is something I don’t take lightly. The best marketers — like Tim — are sitting on a beach, raking in money while they sleep.
They don’t need to launch a course.
Tim, however, is always looking to help out. I’ve never had a conversation with him where he wasn’t trying to help me increase my game.
When I heard he was going to reveal his complete system in a course, I couldn’t wait to sign up.
Out-Thinking The Competition
Affiliate-U started out strong by immediately going after market inefficiencies and showing how to exploit those gaps for profit. I fully expected this, but I from a different angle.
Most affiliate courses teach students to find untapped sub niches and to fight for the micro niche. Tim reveals a strategy that lets him not only go for these untapped micro niches but also find niches that no other marketers know about.
Tim’s strategy moves the affiliate from being a “little player” that can easily be cut from an affiliate program to an irreplaceable asset who can negotiate higher affiliate rates and receive free products.
Until I met Tim, I was only promoting products through the Amazon Associates program. Using his techniques, I’ve been able to diversify my income sources to new providers, many of whom pay higher commissions.
There’s also a lot of training on Trend-spotting that I found useful for my existing sites. The methodology laid out in Affiliate-U gave me the ability to consistently prioritize what areas of my sites needed the most attention for the fastest growth.
It’s that kind of next-level training that gets the student working smarter not harder and brings results faster.
There are a lot of marketers and SEO experts who will sell you on the importance of a strong social strategy. Many of those either have a tool they want to sell you. Those who don’t, approach it like some voodoo that they must do to keep the internet gods happy.
Affiliate-U takes a practical approach. Social marketing is important because it leads to diversity in income. The plan laid out in this course is the most robust, well-rounded social strategy I have seen for leverage off-site traffic.
The over the shoulder videos in this section are top notch and should be a cornerstone of any affiliate marketers arsenal.
It’s all fine and dandy to build a website that gets customers to the door. There are dozens of course that teach that. All of the traffic in the world only matters if the visitors are willing to buy.
There are several modules devoted to conversions and building a brand that customers trust. There are several key features that your site needs and that mine didn’t have. These are all simple elements to implement, but will take a lot of students outside of their comfort zone.
However, Professor Tim takes a lot of time to explain the reasoning behind each trust element and shows how it works in practice. It’s convincing enough that I think all of the students have implemented this training on some level.
It is this type of behind-the-scenes training that sets this course apart from the others on the market.
What I like best about Affiliate-U is that it is focused on the long-term. Most courses compromise sound business building principles to chase a quick buck.
Throughout the course, Tim present solid strategies that mimic the brand-building done by real-world companies. His backlinking methods examples show definitively what needs to be done to build a website that can make money for decades.
This was one of the main reasons I initially chose to purchase Affiliate-U. I’ve long admired Tim’s ability to leverage the quick growth internet marketing offers with long-term business strategies to
capture new markets and stay at the top of the industry.
On top of that, the course offers coaching and connections to a well-known website broker who can help fetch top-dollar for a marketer looking to retire. This was a pleasant unannounced bonus for me as I have several properties I am looking to liquidate in the upcoming year.
Exiting the business is where most entrepreneurs make the bulk of their net worth. Preparing his students for that big day is something Tim takes seriously.
An Over The Shoulder Case Study
I will admit that I was underwhelmed by the case study. It didn’t seem like the niche was that lucrative. However, Tim’s approach is diametrically opposite of what mine would have been.
The secret to Tim’s success lies in his approach. By being above board and creating a website with trust elements, Tim can get product owners on board and excited to have their products promoted.
Watching these deals come together in real time has been eye opening to how little competition is there for those who follow this method. The success of the case study site has inspired me to implement even more the course and not to take it too lightly.
Ongoing Training, Networking and Webinars
While I found incredible value throughout the entire course, the ongoing training has made a life-changing difference in my business. One of the SEO tips that was shared on a webinar gave me an eight spot ranking change to the middle of page 1 overnight.
This training comes out of Tim’s real-world money-making experience and is vital for affiliate marketers who want to have a pulse on what the market is doing.
The Facebook group is also an excellent place to connect with other marketers, share ideas and support each other. Several strong connections have come through there, including an opportunity for me to be on the ground level of a new affiliate program.
The monthly interaction also means that the students stay engaged with the training and we see weekly progress reports from many of the students.
Affiliate marketing is such a lucrative business that it is rare to find someone willing to show the ropes to others. Tim is one of those rare gems, and my income has both increased and diversified as a direct result of implementing his training.
Quinton also reported this “win” a few months into being with the program.
Student John Johnson Speaks Out About The Course
John has not only taken these teachings and been able to generate money from wherever his travels take him, but he’s also very active in our private Facebook Group. This is where students and teacher get together to share new ideas, motivate each other, and cultivate new success stories. This is perhaps the most intimate part of the program, having a system of checks and balances that motivates one another to succeed and continue on their journey.
AffiliateU Review – Does This course Live Up To The Hype?
By Stephen McGouran
- Product Name: AffiliateU (University)
- Website: http://www.affiliateu.com/
- Price: $997 or 3 Monthly Payments of $397.
- Owner: Tim Schmidt
- Overall Ranking: 90 out of 100.
What Is AffiliateU all about?
It has been almost since Tim Schmidt brought out his very own training program, AffiliateU, that’s was created for beginner, intermediate, and advanced affiliate marketers with the aim of building highly successful affiliate authority sites in any niche that are built to last and pay the site’s owner back financially many times over.
Tim Schmidt has been working online now for over 15 years, he is someone who is always looking to up his game, and he has made millions of dollars through affiliate marketing in that time.
Why Did Tim Create AffiliateU?
To put it bluntly, Tim got fed up with all of the junk courses out there that were and still are being promoted to the masses, promising people overnight success with very little substance most of the time.
Don’t get me wrong, there’s some great courses out there but most of them are very poor, have terrible customer service and do not change with the times. As Google constantly changes how they provide value to their customers, training gets old, as courses do not make the effort to update their content.
Fortunately for us, Tim did not take this approach when he started AffiliateU. How Tim has become successful in his affiliate marketing career is by creating “Persona’s” in the different types of niches that he has gone into.
One example is in the vapour niche where he built himself an as authority on YouTube providing video reviews for different vapour companies and their products as well as on Google where he built out a successful website in a popular niche.
After creating multiple personas in different niche markets he got to a point where he wanted to give back by helping others to do the same!
As we go through this AffiliateU review I will lay out all of the Pro’s and Cons of AffiliateU, who is it suitable for? The Training and Tools, Support and also my personal experience of AffiliateU as a current member now for the last 6 months.
So Here We Go….
The Pros and Cons of AffiliateU
In my opinion there are many more pros then there are cons when it comes to AffiliateU but I will be as honest as possible here and lay out everything on both sides so give you everything you need to know about AffiliateU before deciding to join this great training program. These are in no particular order.
- Excellent Customer Support (You Can Contact Tim Directly): For me besides all of AffiliateU’s great training and holistic approach to affiliate marketing, whenever I have had an issue with anything, all I’ve had to do was post a question in the very active Facebook group and Tim has always responded. Not always straight away because of the time difference, he’s in the States, I’m in Ireland but he always gets back to me and everyone else. Not only Tim, but there’s also some real powerhouses in that group and I’ve gotten some great help in there that’s taken my game to the next level time and time again.
- The course flows very well from start to finish. It is broken down into 7 modules but the main training is the first 5. It starts out with the basics of affiliate marketing for complete beginners but as you work through the modules you begin to tackle the more intermediate and advanced training. The layout is clean and easy to follow and if you ever get stuck just message the Facebook group.
- Multiple hacks for getting more traffic to your website and also how to convert that traffic into customers.
- In “module 4 Off-Campus” Tim not only goes into the importance of building out your brand with social media. He also talks about the relevancy of each one; where you should be spending most of your time and then goes into tactics and strategies to get more traffic to your YouTube Page, Twitter feed etc.
- Monthly Live webinars where Tim goes through new tried and tested strategies to build out and profit from your site. There is also a Q&A section at the end of these webinars. What I like here is that in real time, you’re getting the most up to date training on how to become a successful affiliate marketer. The Internet is always evolving and with all of Google’s updates, and no signs of slowing down, you must stay on the cutting edge with your online business. These webinars go into detail of the dos and don’ts of online marketing.
- You have a 100% rock solid guarantee that if you don’t build a successful affiliate marketing business with AffiliateU Tim will personally get you up to speed, and if you’re still not happy he will refund you 100% of the cost with no questions asked.
- There is an AffiliateU Blog where Tim posts on everything to do with affiliate marketing.
- I don’t think Tim goes into great detail in the module 2 Choosing Your Major for finding a niche. Overall this is a great module but I feel there should be more on niche research, especially for most beginners who aren’t really confident starting with anything really in affiliate marketing.
- It would be great to have an FAQ section in the member’s area. You’re able to ask anything in the member’s area with lots of answers but I think a general FAQ section would be great because there are always more questions that need answers.
- It doesn’t go into any detail about how to get started and set up properly with WordPress. These days if anyone wants to get started with WordPress all you have to do is go online and there are more than enough free tutorials on how to get set up but I think it would certainly make AffiliateU a whole lot better especially for beginner affiliate marketers
- Hosting and setting up a domain name would also help. Similar to getting started with WordPress, this would help out beginners a lot as well as the peace of mind you get when you’ve got all your bases covered starting out.
- This is only a minor issue but the Blog doesn’t stand out when I started AffiliateU’s training. It’s only a side piece compared to the course but I kind of just stumbled upon it as I went through the course. It’s not at the footer of the homepage.
Who is Affiliate U Designed For?
AffiliateU is for anyone that is looking to build a successful online affiliate marketing business. It doesn’t matter what niche you’re in, the traffic and persona hacking strategies that Tim teaches here will work in any niche.
It’s all about the principles here, similar to someone who wants to lose weight. In general, proper nutrition, sleep, lots of good clean water and a solid exercise program are going to help more than 90% of people out there reduce their stress levels and get in shape. The same applies here, with proper training focused on providing real value to your audience you will drive traffic to your site, become an authority in your niche through the persona you’ve created and in turn move products that your audience wants in that niche through your recommendations.
TRAINING and TOOLS OVERVIEW
As mentioned previously, AffiliateU is broken down into 7 modules. The first 5 modules are the core training in a University style setting hence the name Affiliate University and then modules 6 and 7 cover the general education and monthly webinars respectively.
- Module 1: Orientation
In this initial module Tim lays the foundation for what’s to come over the course of AffiliateU’s entire training as well as going into detail for complete beginners what exactly is affiliate marketing and the potential of an affiliate marketing business if done correctly.
- Module 2: Choosing Your Major
In this module Tim goes into detail on the different types of affiliate programs to promote that include public affiliate programs from big public companies such as Amazon and Walmart to private affiliate programs from individual websites.
From here then you will learn about finding your niche to go into and from there analyzing your competition in that niche.
- Module 3: The Library
This module is called the library because once you’ve got your blog set up it’s time to fill out your site with plugins, Blogging through content creation and developing your voice (Persona) in that niche as well as lots more.
The library is always expanding as Tim finds new resources that he recommends.
- Module 4: Off Campus
We talked briefly about the Off Campus Module as one of the Pros of AffiliateU in my opinion.
Without repeating myself too much from earlier on, here is where Tim will teach you how to build out your audience through social media that includes YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram. He also goes into best practices for each and where to spend the majority of your time so you’re not wasting your time.
Web 2.0’s are also covered here and Tim’s recommendations for applying them to your affiliate marketing strategy.
- Module 5: Advanced Classes
Here’s The Deal:
Once you’ve laid the foundation for your site, have a daily schedule that you’re sticking to (Module 6), then it’s time to really get into the advanced training and what you’ll learn here is what separates Tim’s training form so many other make money/affiliate marketing courses out there.
The Advanced Classes Include:
- Guest Video and CPA Marketing Strategies with Alex Gould.
- How to use Google Alerts and News for the greatest return in your business.
- How to build your Expert Status the right way!
- More Holiday Hacks to maximise profits at different times of the year.
- Email gathering Ninja Tactics!
- Commission Hacking
- Author Hacking.
- Building your credibility with your audience through Seal Of Approvals, Proof Of Purchases, welcome videos and lots more strategies, with more being added all the time.
- Module 6: General Education
In this section Tim shares his opinions and recommendations on a broad variety of topics outside of your website that are critical to your success that include building affiliate relationships and creating a schedule for success that you can adhere to daily to keep you on track.
- Module 7: The Webinars
The final module is where you can all of the monthly webinar replays that are recorded with new one’s getting added each month so you can watch them over and over again if you didn’t get something the first time round.
If you need to contact Tim for anything just email him and he will reply. Any time I’ve messaged him he always gets back to me quick enough with an answer to an issue I might have.
As mentioned previously there is a very active AffiliateU Facebook Community with lots of very experienced online marketers inside that are there to offer help if and when you need it.
AffiliateU for the entire course, the community, and personal access to Tim Schmidt is a one-time payment of $997 or 3 monthly payments of $397
Make No Mistake About It:
This course does not come cheap, but it’s certainly loaded with enough value, tips strategies and a philosophy behind affiliate marketing, that if you put in the hard work your investment will be paid for many times over.
Couple this with the fact that Tim offers a 100% guarantee that if your not making real progress Tim will spend the necessary time with you to make you succeed.
Finally if that’s not enough and you’re not happy he will give you a refund no questions asked, you know where you stand and the only thing you’ve lost out on is the bit of time you spent figuring out is AffiliateU a good fit for you.
To Sum Up:
I’m a big fan of AffiliateU and what Tim Schmidt has created. I have not come across a more holistic approach to affiliate marketing anywhere. There’s so much depth to this course and community. I recommend it whole heartedly to anyone that wants to build an online affiliate business in niche of their choice.
If you’re just getting started I will say that you will need to find a tutorial on how to get started with WordPress and setting up hosting and your domain name correctly. Honestly these tasks are very easy to do especially now with all of the free online tutorials now on YouTube, once you do them the first time round they will never be an issue setting up again.
Now It’s Your Turn:
I hope you enjoyed this review as much as I enjoyed writing. If you have any questions or comments regarding AffiliateU then let me know in the comments section below and I’ll get back to you when I see your comment.
If you want to get started with AffiliateU then click the link below and get started in AffiliateU within the next few minutes
AffiliateU at a Glance
- Product Name: AffiliateU (Like “University”)
- Website: http://www.affiliateu.com/
- Current Price: $997 or 3 Monthly Payments of $397.
- Owner: Tim Schmidt
- Overall Ranking: 90 out of 100.
Pretty powerful stuff, right?
Here’s another student submitted video review. This one is by Kathy Tremblay.
And of course, there are many more positive comments coming in on Facebook and other mediums.